Meetings and conventions have an impact on businesses, economies and communities. For attendees and delegates, meetings and conventions foster strong relationships, drive positive outcomes, while supporting vibrant communities – like ours.
“Today, April 6 is Global Meetings Industry Day,” explains Dean Clarke, General Manager of the South Okanagan Events Centre Complex and Regional Vice President for Spectra Venue Management. “On this day, we celebrate our clients: meeting professionals, associations, and organizations. It also gives us an opportunity to reflect, and highlight the impact of conventions, special events and meetings on Penticton.
“Our mission is to attract conventions and events that create profound economic impact. For 2017 at the convention centre, we’re projecting to welcome over 118,000 people through the building, sell over 10,800 tickets for special events and drive 79,900 room nights from our diverse event mix, including: conventions, meetings, banquets, special events, trade shows and consumer shows.”
On the convention front, 2017 is a busy year. A total of 10 city-wide conventions are on the books. Two conventions took place in the first quarter of 2017. Penticton will soon welcome delegates and exhibitors from throughout BC and Western Canada from:
- Canadian Avalanche Association Annual General Meeting and Spring Conference, May 1 to 5
- Aboriginal Business Match, May 8 to 10
- Local Government Management Association of BC Conference and AGM, May 16 to 18
- Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society of BC Chapter Conference, May 28 to 30
- Educational Facility Managers Association of BC 2017 Conference and Trade Show, May 29 to June 2
- Public Works Association of BC Technical Conference and Trade Show, September 17 to 20
- BC Municipal Safety Association’s Occupational Health and Safety Conference, October 15 to 17
- Edmonton Financial: Fall Retreat, October 27 to 29
For more information about 2017 events or to purchase tickets for upcoming special events, please visit www.pentictonconventioncentre.com.